Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quantum Mathematica Add On

This was passed my way by the author, José Luis Gómez-Muñoz: a Mathematica Add On for Quantum Computing. There is also a short 6 minute video that walks you through it on youtube:



I have not played with it yet, but the video does a great job of explaining what it can do. What I especially liked was the ability to view the circuit in different forms. As an example you could view the circuit in the more traditional 2 dimensional form as well as a 3 dimensional one. Additionally you can view things in matrix form and so on.

Definitely looks like a great tool to grab images for presentations. Furthermore it would be useful for students to double check work. I had to write my own complex matrix class for Cove and it would've been nice to have an easy to use tool such as this to compare against so I could more quickly verify my implementation.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for posting this!. I hope our package will be useful for you and your collaborators.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete