Monday, July 26, 2010

Free text: An Introductory Course on Quantum Mechanics

This was just posted on arXiv the other day: An Introductory Course on Quantum Mechanics by Bram Gaasbeek. The abstract:

This is a very gentle introductory course on quantum mechanics aimed at the first years of the undergraduate level. The basic concepts are introduced, with many applications and illustrations. Contains 12 short chapters of equal length, ideal for a one term course. The license allows reuse of figures and text under the Attribution-Noncommercial-ShareAlike conditions.

I skimmed through the table of contents and some of the text: some of the early chapters definitely seems applicable to some one new to quantum computing. I know I ended up spending quite a bit of money on books when I first started researching the subject, so one posted on arXiv is certainly a plus.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks I'm no undergraduate by far but I'm always looking to learn something new specially consider that QC is the future of computing.

    ReplyDelete