Thursday, December 16, 2010

Building on top of Cove

Noon Silk is building on top of Cove (my quantum computing framework). Specifically you should check out his "qutils" project here and his blog post about it here. For starters it can generate Cove code from qasm files, which is what I used to create the circuit diagrams in my dissertation.

Here's an example of an input:


Transformed to Cove as the output:


Nice to be this seeing done. At one point I had considered building a tool to allow you to create a circuit diagram in a GUI and generate code from it, but it was low on my list and something I never got around to doing. Nice to see this being done, I see it as an excellent tool- especially for students of quantum computer programming.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments Matt; I completely agree with you that practical quantum computing is a fun, useful, and incredibly interesting area, and Cove is very helpful for that, I really look forward to doing more with it.

    ReplyDelete