Thursday, December 16, 2010

Changes to local simulation implementation of Cove

I've gone through and made some changes to the local simulation of Cove. (Cove is the framework for quantum computing I've developed.) Cove separates the what needs to be provided as interfaces from the how, which is provided by implementations to those interfaces. Currently I've supplied a prototype implementation which I refer to as the local simulation implementation. This simulates a quantum computer on the local PC. This is very much a prototype, with some methods not implemented and plenty of room to improve the efficiency of the simulation, the later which has never been a goal of mine.

The change I've made to the local simulation is that the methods are now virtual. I originally intended implementations to be swapped out from one another and not built on each other. So the change to virtual methods opens up a cleaner derived implementation. There may be other changes I make to further promote building implementations on top of each other. These changes were inspired by some discussions I've been having with Noon Silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment